Taxi Cab Yellow Mica
Taxi Cab is a bright, beautiful classic yellow, just like the cabs in NYC (you know, the ones that seem to disappear when it rains).
"This is one of those micas that you don't know you need until you get it. And then you wonder how you ever lived without it." —Michael B. (verified)
This yellow mica performs beautifully in CP soap. And, unlike a NYC taxi in the rain, you can always depend on this Taxi Cab to get you where you wantRecommended for:
SoapCP soap stable
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsFDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||Yes|
|Particle Size||10–60 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491), tin oxide (CI 77816)|
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- To use in bath bombs or other bath products (water applications), we recommend using polysorbate 80 at a rate of approximately 2% of your total batch weight (dry and wet ingredients). This should allow the color to disperse evenly and eliminate mica from floating on the water's surface or leaving a ring of color around the tub.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email email@example.com for pricing and information.
This yellow is beautiful. I haven’t used it in soap just yet but it performed beautifully in my scrubs.
This is my new go to straightforward yellow! Beautiful
Wanted this color to close let resemble a bee and was not disappointed! Worked amazingly!
This was THE PERFECT yellow I was looking for! It’s more of a muted yellow, but still a true yellow - just not super bright. You can see it in my attached campfire beer soap pic.
I make cold process beer soaps, and sometimes yellows can morph due to the saponification process or the beer used in the soap. But guess what? Not this one, or any of the colors I’ve used from MM!
Mad Micas is now the SOLE mica supplier for my soap business!
Love this color - one of my main yellows for CP soap.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.