Sakura Pink Mica
Other sizes coming soon!
Uncharted Colors™ are painstakingly created and tested in our lab by our in-house colorists.
They are available only from Mad Micas.
Sakura, are soft, delicate, evocative.
These beautiful and gentle blossoms (cherry blossoms in English) are deeply symbolic in Japan, mirroring the transience of life. For centuries, as the sakura have bloomed from late March through early May, hanami, or "flower watching," has been a revered Japanese custom. Hanami is not just to consider the beauty of the sakura; hanami is an opportunity to pause and consider one's destiny and mortality.
Sakura appear in many forms of Japanese art, from film to performance, anime to traditional tattoos. We created this gorgeous gentle pink mica to spark thought and creativity, to perhaps bring calm and acceptance.
Read more about sakura and hanami in Japan.
Learn about the National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C.
SoapCP soap stable
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsFDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||Yes|
|Particle Size||10–100 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide (77861), iron oxide (CI 77861)|
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- To use in bath bombs or other bath products (water applications), we recommend using polysorbate 80 at a rate of approximately 2% of your total batch weight (dry and wet ingredients). This should allow the color to disperse evenly and eliminate mica from floating on the water's surface or leaving a ring of color around the tub.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and information.
- Blossom photo credits: Shannon Lam, Kristine Tanne, Faye Cornish