Key West Blue Mica
Brilliant blue water surrounds you the entire way to Key West. And Key West Blue mica surrounds you with the same ethereal shade of blue. It has a subtle, silvery radiance that reflects the light and enhances its already vivid hue.
"Bright and crisp Key west makes a perfect, bright blue that mixes smoothly into soap batter, even if you forgot to pre-mix it with oil. Don't ask me how I know."
—-- Laura P. (verified)
If you haven't been lucky enough to go to the Keys yourself, let this gorgeous mica be your ticket to the experience. Every time we crack open a jar it makes us want to grab some sunscreen and hit the beach.Recommended for:
SoapCP soap stable
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsNOT FDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|Key West Blue
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||No|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||No|
|Particle Size||10–60 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), tin oxide (CI 77861), ultramarine blue (CI 77007)|
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and information.
Beautiful color! It works well in cold process soaps!
Such a beautiful blue! Will not disappoint!
This a perfect beach/water blue. Absolutely love the results! Another knockout from Mad Micas!
I love the shimmer this mica displays in nail polish
This blue is a gorgeous shade to mix or use on its own for my CP soaps! I’m so glad I added it to my mica collection! I highly recommend.