Tempest Dark Purple Mica
Will Morph in soap.
No need to hold back the oohs and aaahs when you gaze upon the sultry Tempest. A deep, dark and lustrous purple, sleek and sexy with a side of mystery.
"Yes! Tempest! More like Temptress. I absolutely love this color. It’s such a beautiful deep plum and it makes an amazing nail color. One of my favorites and will be one I keep in stock." —Lyndi V. (verified)
Iridescent and smoky, the purple-on-purple shine will make your head spin. Tempest is a knockout. You will love it.Recommended for:
SoapNOT CP stable. Gorgeous in clear MP
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsFDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||Yes|
|Particle Size||10–60 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||NOT STABLE|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742)|
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- To use in bath bombs or other bath products (water applications), we recommend using polysorbate 80 at a rate of approximately 2% of your total batch weight (dry and wet ingredients). This should allow the color to disperse evenly and eliminate mica from floating on the water's surface or leaving a ring of color around the tub.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and information.
This color is such a beautiful color and is my go to for all my products. A little goes a long way
Although I was looking for this to be a deep purple,it turned like gray. Actually to my surprise I liked it. I made wax melts and added a little biodegradable glitter they turned out beautiful. Will and have bought again.
Tempest is such a delicious, rich dark purple! I am going to try a variety of CP recipies and see if I can't get it to be purple (this may be a pipe dream :)). In the meantime this baby is definitely going into lip balm!
I loved this product, but when I mixed it with melt and pour it turned gray, it might be that I wasn’t using the right amount but it was a great product none the same.
Hi Averi, I see you only purchased a sample, which is filled with a teaspoon of product. I am not sure how large your batch was, but did you use the recommended amount? Tempest is absolutely gorgeous in clear Melt +Pour soaps. Can I ask if your soap was white, or contained animal milk? Can you tell me what fragrance oil (FO) you used? Many FOs contain vanillan (or some say vanilla) and that will effect colors immensely. Please reach out to jo(at)madmicas(dot)com. She can help this color work for you! :)
Beautiful deep purple!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.