Steel Works Silver-Black Mica
Strong. Solid. That's what comes to mind when you see this deep, bold steely grey mica. The really cool thing about this mica, though, is the fantastic glittering iridescence that you see when the light hits it.
"Love love love! I used this Steel Works mica as a dark silvery-gray base in cold process soap. It blended beautifully and provided consistent color throughout the loaf. Will definitely purchase again!" —Jennie Z. (verified)
The juxtaposition of the twinkling rainbow of colors and the intense, industrial grey has a serious wow factor. Seriously.Recommended for:
SoapCP soap stable
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsFDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||Yes|
|Particle Size||10–60 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77891), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77491)|
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- To use in bath bombs or other bath products (water applications), we recommend using polysorbate 80 at a rate of approximately 2% of your total batch weight (dry and wet ingredients). This should allow the color to disperse evenly and eliminate mica from floating on the water's surface or leaving a ring of color around the tub.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and information.
Steel Works mica is a great dark gray. I wished I'd used more Watermelon Crush for a darker pink, but I still like the way the in-the-pot-swirl worked out. The colors work nicely together. I like the effect the gray and glycerin rivers produce together to give the soap a bit of translucent depth. (The colors are Steel Works mica, Watermelon Crush mica, Snake Island mica, and Poppycock mica.)
This Mica is amazing and added a whole different look and depth, a silky luxurious sheen to my candles. Thank you folks so much!
I absolutely love Mad Mica's! I do not order colors from anyone else. I have found no other company who has the quality of your products and reasonable priced. I also love your personal touches and small gifts. Thank You
Remindse of gun metal color. Good for masculine soap using Graphite scent.
Great color for men’s soap
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.