Spicy Tomato Brick-Red Mica
Spicy Tomato is a gorgeous deep reddish-burgundy mica with a sparkly metallic cranberry-colored sheen. Unique and wonderful. It is also a component in our popular True Red set.
"WOW - Okay so honestly, I’m not big on red and just got this to do patriotic freshies, but WOW!! This color absolutely blew me away. It is GORGEOUS and the sparkle in it is AMAZING. It is one of my favorite colors from MM so far!!" —Shelby M. (verified)
The name comes from the neighborhood family-owned restaurants we loved back home in Brooklyn, where they'd lovingly fold their baby raviolis by hand and cook spicy tomato sauce fresh every day.Recommended for:
SoapCP soap stable
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsFDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||Yes|
|Particle Size||10–100 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77019), iron oxide (CI 77491)|
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- To use in bath bombs or other bath products (water applications), we recommend using polysorbate 80 at a rate of approximately 2% of your total batch weight (dry and wet ingredients). This should allow the color to disperse evenly and eliminate mica from floating on the water's surface or leaving a ring of color around the tub.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and information.
Love this color! I use this is CP soap and it is such a beautiful vibrant color! No acceleration or ricing. Highly Recommend!
Awesome red. It’s great for my holiday line. I have mixed it with charcoal to darken into a blood red. I have also mixed it with Indigo Girls to make a plum color. It never disappoints!! Rough cuts, my Ugly Xmas Sweater with the maniacal pea. Spiced Apple Toddy with a mix of Spicy Tomato and Indigo Girls.
Ordered it with the red trio ages ago and it has since become one of my must haves!!! So gorgeous!
Needed a brick color for my soap line. Overall Happy, however I'm hoping with a bit more mica, next time the color will be more saturated.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.