Satin Penny Bronze Mica
Find a penny. Pick it up. And all day you'll have good luck. You'll also be lucky if you get yourself some of our Satin Penny mica!
"Fabulous in lip balm! Satin Penny was stunning in my butter pecan lip balm! It mixed in well, and added a rich, pretty sparkle. I'm excited to try it in my CP soap"
Shining like a newly minted penny, but with a deeper, richer tone, this metallic bronze has a luminous hue.Recommended for:
SoapCP soap stable
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsFDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|Satin Penny||SDS COA|
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||Yes|
|Particle Size||5–25 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77019), iron oxide (CI 77491)|
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- To use in bath bombs or other bath products (water applications), we recommend using polysorbate 80 at a rate of approximately 2% of your total batch weight (dry and wet ingredients). This should allow the color to disperse evenly and eliminate mica from floating on the water's surface or leaving a ring of color around the tub.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email email@example.com for pricing and information.
I loved this mica! I used it for embeds on my cp soap and it’s very beautiful and warm.
Do you know when you need a color to cover discoloration but you don’t want just brown? This is it! It’s so pretty.
This is the second color for my nieces wedding and oh my, beautiful. She loves the color choices.
It works well with the resin projects I wanted to do
Love Satin Penny. It has a warm feel to it, like a worn leather bag or buttery soft driving gloves. I use it in CP as a warm brown but it really shines when you use it to dust melt and pour embeds to make coppery autumn leaves or bronzed acorns. Fancy and inviting!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.