Preppy Blue Mica
Preppy Blue mica has a collegiate quality, as if it has been roaming the campuses with the ivy-covered walls for ages, collar turned up and nose to the grindstone
"Used it in combination with Aphrodite blue to create some contrasting waves in a cold process soap. It was a great combo. Used the recommended amounts and the color was true. Very happy."
—Mary B. (verified)
It has history and stature, like the historic colonial homes in the Northeast. It's a dignified color that is classy and traditional, with a nod to the bourgeois (a blue grey with a silver shimmer).Recommended for:
SoapCP soap stable
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsNOT FDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|Preppy Blue||SDS COA|
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||No|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||No|
|Particle Size||10–60 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ultramarine blue (CI 77007)|
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email email@example.com for pricing and information.
Love that this blue is more on the grey side. It's a wonderful complement to the other blues carried by Mad Micas.
love this color! very dusty blue! Used this in my frosty soap to try and make a winter wonderland and I am so happy with how this color turned out in my cold pressed bars!
Such a rich blue color, I love it! I use it for skies in landscape CP soap so far. They useage rate is spit on!
I have been searching for this blue, perfect