Lemon Cupcake Yellow Mica
Temporarily morphs. Read Additional Notes for information.
With the sun-shiny yellow of a lemon and the fluffy lightness of a fresh baked lemon cupcake, this happy mica seems to contain actual flecks of the sun.
"A gorgeously bright yellow that will give you anxiety for 24 hours - I love this yellow! It is so happy and bright. Just be willing to wait for it to morph from a deep orange back to happy yellow. The result is quite worth the wait."
—Gal J. (verified)
Use this color and turn your frown upside down!Recommended for:
SoapCP soap stable
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsFDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|Lemon Cupcake||SDS COA|
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||Yes|
|Solubility||Disperses in oil|
|Particle Size||10-60 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide|
- Read before you panic! In cold process soap, this mica TURNS ORANGE FIRST but reverts to a beautiful lemon color within 24 hours. It's lovely!
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- To use in bath bombs or other bath products (water applications), we recommend using polysorbate 80 at a rate of approximately 2% of your total batch weight (dry and wet ingredients). This should allow the color to disperse evenly and eliminate mica from floating on the water's surface or leaving a ring of color around the tub.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email email@example.com for pricing and information.
I have used this before and just love the color. Perfect yellow
I love this yellow! It was perfect for this pink lemonade soap, and the temporary orange morph was kind of fun, since I got to see the color change to reveal the beautiful yellow. (Pictured in a swirl with ballet slippers)
I made sure to check the reviews to see some peoples results and then ordered it. When I applied to my bath bomb batch, it was extremely pastel light. Don’t get me wrong, it’s pretty just not the shade I was hoping to get in my product. It looked way lighter than in the jar.
Love this yellow! Mad Micas are the best!
I used this Mica in my Lemon citrus Body Butter fir color. The Yellow was nice a bright.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.