Glow Green - Glow In The Dark Pigment
This is our glow in the dark powder that glows lemon-lime GREEN when the lights go out. It adds a fun, whimsical component to your soaps.
"Love love love I love the glow!!! I love how creative I can get with this mica!! No limit to the imagination!! My favorite by far!!"
—Michelle D. (verified)
Don't forget to take a look at our amazing glow in the dark blue pigment, too!
See important usage and weight information in Additional Notes section.Recommended for:
SoapCP soap stable
EyesNOT FDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsNOT FDA-permitted for use on lips
Nails**FDA-permitted for external use WITH LIMITS
Ext.**FDA-permitted for external use WITH LIMITS
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
* Bath bombs fall under "Lips."
||Glow in the dark pigment
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Externally applied facial makeup and nail polish; <10%; for infrequent use (e.g., Halloween).|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||No|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||No|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||No|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||Approx. 2½ tsp. per pound of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||Approx. ½–1 tsp per pound of M&P base|
|Ingredients||Zinc sulfide (CAS 68611-70-1)|
- Please expose pigment to light. This activates it and causes it to glow when the lights go out.
- Using other colorants (including and especially titanium dioxide) will decrease the glow! Any colorant will decrease the amount of light that can be absorbed by the powder. If you plan on using a mica with this pigment, please use very little so the glowing results aren't diminished.
- This pigment is extremely dense, and one ounce consists of approximately 4½ tsps. Because jars are filled by weight, they may be only partially filled
- For more information, please consult provided data sheets.
You only need to use the recommended amount, and the glow is amazing! I find it works best if you have the soap in direct sunlight. The moment you move to shade you can see it glow. If you move to a dark room, you can just about use it as a flash light it glows so hard. I used it at recommendation in melt & pour skull and bone imbeds in my Halloween soap. Will repurchase!
Awesome mica! Only takes a little to produce a bright glow in the dark effect. Used in CP soap with no issues! Will definitely buy again!
This pigment is so awesome and so powerful it doesn’t even take much at all for it to glow like crazy. I absolutely love it and it dissolves quite well and melt & pour soap.
I bought this while purchasing other micas for my art project, and this glow in the dark craft turned out to be super fun. definitely will think about more future projects to create with this!
This mica is so very cool!! My little girl used it in a soap making class she had for her business. She is 8 and thinks this stuff is just amazing!! Her Halloween soaps were given that extra touch with the glow in the dark micas! We'll definitely be buying the larger sized jar!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.