Grape Nehi Purple Mica
If you're old enough to remember how much Radar O'Reilly loved his Grape Nehi, then you'll have an idea of how hard you're going to fall for ours. It's unique, deep, rich and beautiful.
"Amazing color! I don’t know why I didn’t get it sooner. It performs perfectly in CP and MP soaps. Definitely going to be one I always keep on hand."
—Samantha R. (verified)
But even if you don't remember Radar or the carbonated soft drink he loved, one look at this sparkling purple with its blue-violet iridescence is all it takes to understand why Grape Nehi mica is a Mad Micas best seller.Recommended for:
SoapCP soap stable
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsFDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||Yes|
|Particle Size||10–60 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), manganese violet (CI 77742), tin oxide (CI 77861)|
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- To use in bath bombs or other bath products (water applications), we recommend using polysorbate 80 at a rate of approximately 2% of your total batch weight (dry and wet ingredients). This should allow the color to disperse evenly and eliminate mica from floating on the water's surface or leaving a ring of color around the tub.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and information.
I absolutely love all of Mad Micas Mica Powders. The colors are vibrant and mix easily. I use them in melt and pour unicorn soap and soy candles. One of my preferred venders.
Have only used in some bath bombs, but ready for some soap!
This deep purple was perfect in my cp soap!!
I do love this color, it is very pretty and works well in cold process soaps. The only reason I put 4 stars is because it does require a higher usage rate to look similar to the color in the photo - otherwise it is a much lighter purple in cp soaps.
I love every Mica powder i have ordered