Blue Moon White Mica
Blue Moon is a beautiful white mica with a bluish-purple sheen when spread onto a surface.
"Absolutely gorgeous! - I’m obsessed with moonstones and this mica leaves the most beautiful blue glow in and on products. I love it! ❤️"
—Mandi O. (verified)
This is a perfect eye shadow color or use to brush onto the tops of bath bombs, bubble bars, soaps, etc. It reminds us of moonstones and the very cool nail polish we wore as teenagers in the 80s.Recommended for:
SoapCP soap stable
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsFDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||Yes|
|Particle Size||5–25 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Ingredients||Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica (CI 77019), tin dioxide (77861)
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- To use in bath bombs or other bath products (water applications), we recommend using polysorbate 80 at a rate of approximately 2% of your total batch weight (dry and wet ingredients). This should allow the color to disperse evenly and eliminate mica from floating on the water's surface or leaving a ring of color around the tub.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email email@example.com for pricing and information.
I make a lot of gemstone soaps, so this one is a no-brainer for me! Blue Moon produces the most gorgeous glow, flash, or opalescence, depending on how I use it. It's ethereal, so I couldn't help but use it to make little mini ghosties in my Haunted Graveyard Soap, too. You just just can't go wrong with this magical mica, one that inspires the design. Thank you, Mad Micas, for offering such amazing colors.
This mica is nothing short of gorgeous. I love using it to top soaps for a subtle and elegant added flair.
This made my soap dough even more fun to use in my soap. It gives an extra level of fun and play and worked perfectly!
I love this color...cant wait to get more!!
I’ve used a lot of Mica Powders. This Iridescent blue has a beautiful shimmer that might as well glow next to other brands.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.