Black Oyster Black Mica
A black grey with great luster just like a black pearl. A lustrous and opalescent mica that adds the mysterious accent you might be looking for.
"Not your mom's charcoal - Sparkle, deep dark sparkle. I paired this with a ghost type swirl done in charcoal and the sparkle contrast is amazing."
—Kelly W. (verified)
SoapCP soap stable
EyesFDA-permitted for eye area use
LipsFDA-permitted for use on lips
NailsFDA-permitted for external use
ExternalFDA-permitted for external use
ResinBeautiful in resin
CraftsGreat for arts & crafts
MeltsWorks in wax melts
|Black Oyster||SDS COA|
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||Yes|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||2 tsp per lb of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||½ tsp lb of MP base|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||¼–½ tsp per pound of M&P base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77499)|
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- White MP base will always create a pastel form of the color due to titanium dioxide in base.
- To use in bath bombs or other bath products (water applications), we recommend using polysorbate 80 at a rate of approximately 2% of your total batch weight (dry and wet ingredients). This should allow the color to disperse evenly and eliminate mica from floating on the water's surface or leaving a ring of color around the tub.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email email@example.com for pricing and information.
Best black mica!!
I am so surprised with this color! I thought it would turn grey which is why I normally use black oxide, but I decided to chance it and boy am I glad I did! Make sure you follow the usage rate directions and you will have an amazing bar of soap!
I used Andy The Money and Black Oyster for my Frankenstein soap. While the green was a bit darker than I thought it would be, the Black Oyster was perfect! MM you nailed it once again!
I am currently using this black painting bathbombs and I love it. I have other blacks that look more Greyblack but this one is the best. Will be ordering more for sure.
Love this black! I mix with a little black iron oxide and get a pretty shimmery black.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.