A black grey with great luster just like a black pearl. A lustrous and opalescent mica that adds the mysterious accent you might be looking for.
"Not your mom's charcoal - Sparkle, deep dark sparkle. I paired this with a ghost type swirl done in charcoal and the sparkle contrast is amazing."
—Kelly W. (verified)
|Black Oyster||Data Sheets: SDS COA|
|FDA-Permitted for External Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use||Yes|
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use||Yes|
|Particle Size||10–60 μm|
|Usage Rate CP Soap||1–2 tsp. per pound of oils|
|Usage Rate MP Soap||¼–½ tsp per pound of M&P base|
|Ingredients||Mica (CI 77019), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxide (CI 77499)|
- Usage rates can be varied to lighten or darken hue. Listed amounts create bright colors with no colored suds.
- To use in bath bombs or other bath products (water applications), we recommend using polysorbate 80 at a rate of approximately 2% of your total batch weight (dry and wet ingredients). This should allow the color to disperse evenly and eliminate mica from floating on the water's surface or leaving a ring of color around the tub.
- Sample bags contain approximately one teaspoon.
- For mica-specific information not available on this page, please consult provided data sheets.
- Larger sizes are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and information.
4 stars because I was hoping for a true black. It’s more of a dark charcoal grey/black, but it’s beautiful!
I used the Black Oyster Mica on bath salts and the color is very black. It covered well and looks great with gold or silver topped on it.
Great Black color in clear mp soaps. Used it for thin blue line soap and they turned out amazing!
I just received this in my last order and can't wait to use it in my CP soap. It's beautiful and I think it will be really striking as an accent to other colors.